The Society for Wind Vigilance is “an international federation of individuals like you, who are concerned about the adverse health effects of wind turbines.” It is a very important site for members of communities facing potential wind turbine deployment, or citizens experiencing health issues as a result of turbines installed near their homes.
This, from their Mission Statement:
The Society provides Internet communication on matters including the existing and emerging science related to wind energy and related health effects.
Our goal is to disseminate facts and references regarding industrial wind turbines and wind farms which are vetted by appropriate experts and external referees. The material will appear on www.windvigilance.com.
Our ultimate goal is to mitigate the risk of adverse health impact through the advancement of independent third party research and its application to the siting of industrial wind turbines by advocating:
- public education.
- education of health care professionals and others
- the advancement of unbiased research and its application including third party health studies
- ongoing vigilance and surveillance
- policy decisions based on best available science and research
- authoritative regulations designed to protect human health
Please visit this excellent clearing house for industrial wind health issues.